Wednesday 17 June 2009

When The Girls Sang Oo-Chang-a-Lang


  1. Dana Gillespie - You Just Gotta Know My Mind
  2. Glenda Collins - If You Gotta Pick A Baby
  3. Irma Thomas - Break-A-Way
  4. Beryl Marsden - When The Lovelight Starts Shinin’ Thru His Eyes
  5. Shangri-Las - Give Him A Great Big Kiss
  6. Cilla Black - Surround Yourself With Sorrow
  7. The Ronettes - Be My Baby
  8. Goldie & The Gingerbreads - Skinny Vinnie
  9. Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
  10. Chris Clark - From Head To Toe
  11. Twinkle - Golden Lights
  12. Ferris Wheel - B.A.B.Y
  13. Linda Scott - I’ve Told Every Little Star
  14. Judy Street - What
  15. Billie Davis - Tell Him
  16. Doris Troy - I’ll Do Anything
  17. Millie Jackson - My Man, A Sweet Man
  18. The Tomboys - I’d Rather Fight Than Switch
  19. The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
  20. Lesley Gore - Maybe I Know
  21. Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoelaces
  22. The Velvelettes - Needle In A Haystack
  23. The Orchids - Oo-Chang-a-Lang
  24. Skeeter Davis - Gonna Get Along Without You Now
  25. The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron
  26. Tami Lynn - I’m Gonna Run Away From You
  27. Sandie Shaw - Long Live Love
  28. Dusty Springfield - Wishin’ And Hopin’
I've long been a fan of 1960's girlie pop. You'll find at least one track from the genre on most of my mixes. This is the first time, however, I've attempted to put all my favorites onto one disc The result, I reckon, is pure pop heaven!

Cover Girl is Lesley Gore

No comments: