Saturday 20 June 2009

I Get So Sentimental


  1. Lollipop Train - Janet's Birthday Party ( Hipster )
  2. Boards Of Canada - Sac
  3. Jim Noir - Don't Worry
  4. Sebastien Tellier - La Ritournelle ( vocal version )
  5. Neon Neon - I Lust U
  6. MGMT - Kids
  7. Persephone's Bees - Way To Your Heart
  8. Animal Collective - Leaf House
  9. Honey Bunch - Mine Your Own Business
  10. Kenickie - In Your Car
  11. The Little Ones - Let Them Ring The Bells
  12. The Triplets of Bellville - Belleville Rendez-vous
  13. Of Montreal - Jennifer Louise
  14. Settlers - Major to Minor
  15. Housemartins - We're Not Deep
  16. The Falcons - I'm A Fool
  17. Wallace Collection - Rêveries (Evlyn')
  18. Hit Parade - I Get So Sentimental
  19. Autumn Leaves - You Didn't Say A Word
  20. Spiritualized - I Gotta Fire
  21. Loose Fur - The Ruling Class
  22. Petty Booka - Whippin' Piccadilly
  23. Hey Hey My My - Merry Land
  24. Fruit Bats - Born In The '70s
  25. Yael Naim - New Soul
  26. Adem - Loro

After recently posting quite a few ‘themed’ and ‘specific genre’ mixes, it’s nice to free myself of the shackles and limitations of such things and actually throw anything and everything into the cauldron. As long as it’s bloody good. So this one’s a jumbled up mix of all sorts, with lots of twists, turns and genre hops.

The irony of the mix title is not lost on me, as this one contains more modern music ( ie post 1972 ) than many of my previous mixes.

Download if only for the lovely Adem closer, his version of Pinback’s Loro is just about the best thing in ages.

No comments: