Friday 19 June 2009

Songs For Ava Grace


  1. John Lennon - Love
  2. Harry Nilsson - All I Think About Is You
  3. Supremes - Baby Love
  4. Wheat - Don't I Hold You
  5. Simon & Garfunkel - The 59th Bridge Street Song ( Feelin' Groovy )
  6. Cat Stevens - Moonshadow
  7. Kate Walsh - Your Song
  8. Lambchop - Grumpus
  9. Cranes - Tomorrow's Tears
  10. Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats
  11. Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
  12. Aimee Man - Save Me
  13. Elliot Smith - Baby Britain
  14. Jeff Buckley - Lilac Wine
  15. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Into My Arms
  16. Lemonheads - Into Your Arms
  17. Nick Drake - Pink Moon
  18. Devendra Banhart - Little Yellow Spider
  19. Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes
  20. Mazzy Star - Fade Into You
  21. Big Star - I'm In Love With A Girl
  22. Beatles - In My Life
Originally posted 19th March 2007.

Babys First Mix.

My little girl, 'Ava Grace' was born this afternoon, 1.04pm GMT weighing 6lb 7oz. She's just gorgeous, and I've been beaming from ear to ear all day. And here's her first mix! As you can see, it's nothing more than a collection of 'nice' songs that I hope she'll like, albeit at a reasonable volume. Hey, this fatherhood thing is already exhausting me. Upon leaving the hospital this evening, instead of heading for the pub, I got in a takeaway, submitted this mix and am now going to bed. Not very Rock and Roll I know :)

However, and this is no lie, the very second my girl was born, the radio playing in the background of the operating theatre kicked into 'Back In Black'. Now that is Rock and Roll!

No comments: