Saturday 20 June 2009

What's In The Box?


  1. A House - Endless Art
  2. Number One Cup - Divebomb
  3. The Earlies - No Love In Your Heart
  4. Les 5-4-3-2-1 - Bond Street
  5. Prince - I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man
  6. Justice - The Party
  7. Girls Aloud - The Show
  8. Frank Zappa - Peaches En Regalia
  9. The Kinks - Wonderboy
  10. The The - The Beat(en) Generation
  11. Swan Dive - A Few Thousand Days Ago
  12. King Creosote - You Are Could I?
  13. The Chills - Kaleidoscope World
  14. Close Lobsters - Let's Make Some Plans
  15. Kate Nash - Merry Happy
  16. The Sights - It'd Be Nice ( To Have You Around )
  17. Washington Social Club - Breaking The Dawn
  18. Cowsills - The Rain, The Park And Other Things
  19. Nancy Sinatra - Sugartown
  20. Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You
  21. Robert Wyatt - Shrinkrap
  22. Hem - Betting On Trains
  23. Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers - Back In Your Life
  24. The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Those Memories

A mix containing some the best tunes in my head at the moment.. I’ve tried many a time to fit that opener onto a mix, each time to no avail, so I decided to start this mix with it, and see where it led me. Tracks here include my favourite Kinks song. My second favourite Prince song ( after the title track of the album it’s lifted from ), and a Japanese act named Les 5-4-3-2-1, with a track that is suspiciously similar to Stereolab’s classic ‘Ping Pong’..

Link

No comments: