Saturday 20 June 2009

Guilt Is Good For The Soul


  1. Marti Webb - Take That Look Off Your Face
  2. Kon Kan - I Beg Your Pardon
  3. Ace of Base - The Sign
  4. Captain & Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together
  5. Doobie Brothers - What a Fool Believes
  6. Howard Jones - New Song
  7. Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville - Don't Know Much
  8. Pilot - January
  9. Esther and Abi Ofarim - Cinderella Rockefella
  10. Paul Nicholas - Magical Mr. Mistoffelees
  11. ABBA - Head Over Heels
  12. The Bluebells - Young At Heart
  13. Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
  14. Dr. Hook - When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman
  15. ABC - Date Stamp
  16. Betty Boo - Where Are You Baby?
  17. Dooleys - Wanted
  18. UB40 - Rat In Mi Kitchen
  19. Ten Sharp - You
  20. Olivia Newton John - Hopelessly Devoted To You
  21. Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
  22. Beyonce - Irreplaceable
  23. Hue & Cry - Labour of Love
  24. Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
  25. Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
  26. Jigsaw - Sky High
  27. Carly Simon - You're So Vain
  28. Amii Stewart - Friends

I didn’t need to do this. It’s not going to win me any more applause. Quite the opposite, probably? Although I hope not. You see, we’ve all got our ‘Guilty Pleasures’, and these are mine. I plead my innocence though, as I proudly parade this, because I love each and every track here dearly. Why? I do not know, but I do.

A few other Guilty Pleasures then – Banana Sandwiches, Musicals, Romcoms, Jessica Rabbit.. Last Tracks cut – KC & The Sunshine Band – Give It Up, Wham – Freedom, Cher – The Shoop Shoop Song, Demis Roussos – Forever & Ever, Ultravox – Loves Great Adventure……

Glad that’s all off my back. But there’s still time to change my mind. Ah, sod it – SUBMIT…..

Pt1 Pt2

No comments: