Saturday 20 June 2009

A Ride on the Purple Rocket


  1. The Superimposers - Rainbow
  2. Camera Obscura - French Navy
  3. 1990s - See You At The Light
  4. Plush - Greyhound Bus Station
  5. No Kids - I Love The Weekend
  6. The Ecstatics - Breaking Glass
  7. Bryan Scary & The Shredding Tears - Purple Rocket
  8. Garageland - Life Is So Sweet
  9. Hungry Kids of Hungary - Scattered Diamonds
  10. Death Cab For Cutie - Crooked Teeth
  11. Club 8 - Whatever You Want
  12. Burning Hearts - I Lost My Colour Vision
  13. The Auteurs - Show Girl
  14. Black Box Recorder - These Are the Things
  15. Slow Club - Giving Up On Love
  16. The Whitest Boy Alive - 1517
  17. The Silver Seas - The Country Life
  18. Gypsy Tailwind - Better Days
  19. Pony Up - Shut Up and Kiss Me
  20. Wire Train - Love Against Me
  21. Wave Machines - I Go Go Go
  22. Lefties Soul Connection - Paul Newman
So after a week of tireless work dragging all my posted mixes on Art of the Mix over to sammy's tunes, I'm finally finished. Everything posted from now on is brand new. This mix, finished this evening, is an alt-dj effort between myself and Ed ( mixxer ), a true gent with a keen eye for a tune. I'm delighted with how this turned out. Hope you enjoy it too..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A labor off love, Sam. We appreciate all you have done

Doowad said...

What a great way to get back to the present on your blog. Ed always makes me laugh, great mixing partner. Very nice sounding mix, I love the first 6 and that doesn't even include the great "title track". I like my favorite track was I Love the Weekend, the piano was a fun jaunt. The funky closer was a great way to seal the deal.

Doowad said...

Oh, and I'm surprised you didn't list odds and evens on ZeRO, I think that is a cool function Todd has since it ties back into your profile from the myriad alt-dj mixes. I know it takes the mystery from alt-djs, but well, it adds something else.