Saturday 20 June 2009

Galle Face Hotel, Colombo


  1. The Dentists - I Had an Excellent Dream
  2. Washington Social Club - Breaking the Dawn
  3. The Eyes - I'm Rowed Out
  4. Polytechnic - Pep
  5. Tadpoles - Umbrella Smile
  6. Electric Prunes - Little Olive
  7. Junior Kimbrough - Nobody But You
  8. Howlin' Wolf - Spoonful
  9. The Fluid - Black Glove
  10. Kilburn & The High Roads - Rough Kids
  11. Division of Laura Lee - Trapped In
  12. The Cramps - Journey to the Center of a Girl
  13. Dharma Bums - 20,000 Tears
  14. The Sonics - Hanky Panky
  15. De La Soul - Say No Go
  16. The Roots - The Seed
  17. Royal Trux - Liar
  18. Kasabian - Empire
  19. Black Lips - Time of the Scab
  20. Skip Spence - Books of Moses
  21. Junior Wells - Snatch It Back and Hold It
  22. Billy Childish And His Famous Headcoats - This Wond'rous Day
Originally posted September 02 2006.

From the Keyboard of Dead Man - With so many collaborative efforts recently, I think it's fair to call this the Summer of Love on Art of the Mix. I couldn't resist jumping on the bandwagon so I asked seasoned alternator sammyg123 if he'd like to put an alternating DJ mix together.

Neither of us set any rules--Sam and I took turns making selections and sending them to one another. I usually impose all sorts of constraints on my mixes so it was cool to just go with the flow. I'd like to say that I just chose the first thing that popped into my head, but sometimes I had to think about it for a while. Anyway, here it is. I chose the odds and sammyg123 did the evens.

No comments: