Saturday 29 May 2010

Toni Basil - Daughter Of Frankenstein


  1. Pipettes - Pull Shapes
  2. Carrots - Sunshine
  3. Roxy Music - Hula Kula
  4. Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
  5. Graham Nash - On The Line
  6. Kinks - Come Dancing
  7. Big Star - When My Baby's Beside Me
  8. The Beatles - Two Of Us
  9. Apples In Stereo - Strawberryfire
  10. Rita Lee - Mamae Natureza
  11. Donovan - Skip-A-Long Sam
  12. Katerine - Parlez-Vous Anglais Mr. Katerine
  13. Monkees - (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone
  14. Bob Dylan - All Along The Watchtower
  15. Lemonheads - It's a Shame About Ray
  16. Sugar - If I Can't Change Your Mind
  17. Donna Summer - I Feel Love
  18. David Bowie - Golden Years
  19. Pill Wonder - Fogg Eater
  20. Benny Spellman - Lipstick Traces ( On A Cigarette )
  21. Elvis Costello - Little Boxes
  22. Morrissey - Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
  23. Glen Campbell - By the Time I Get to Phoenix

And here is another Frankenstein mix. This one is the Daughter Of Frankenstein. The idea with this one was to put your first celebrity crush on the cover. I went one step further and named the whole mix after her..


1. Song with Handclaps

I'm very fond of handclaps. Infact I made a mix of handclap songs a few years ago. This wasn't on it as it hadn't been made yet. Terrific Spector-ish song..

2. Song with "sun" in title or reminds you of summer

More female vocals means a very poppy start to this mix. Although most of my mixes go this way..

3. Instrumental

B-Side of Virginia Plain, their debut single.

4. Cover you like better than original

Actually, now I think about it, maybe this was the original. Anyway he didn't write it so...

5. Old song that you heard for 1st time this year

Courtesy of father to be and all round good egg Mr Ion Moe. Thank you sir..

6. Song reminds you of your first relationship

It reminds me of a certain relationship. Not my first, or indeed best..

7. 7th song from an album

Power-pop at it's very best.

8. Best song from your favourite bands worst album

Let it Be is generally considered their worst album. It's still better than a heck of a lot of bands best album..

9. Beatle-esque song

Apples In Stereo.

10. Foreign language song

Rita Lee from Os Mutantes. This song is terrific..

11. Song with your name in title

My name is Sam.

12. Song title is a question?

This is also a foreign language song.

13. A b-side

14. Live version better than studio version

This is from Dylan's 'MTV Unplugged' album, and is a great, great version..

15. Song from year you graduated high school

I left school in 1992. This was from my favourite album of that time.

16. Favorite song from genre/style you usually don't like

I guess I've not got much time for 'Grunge'. Although Copper Blue was kind if Grunge-Pop, and I liked it a lot. Also from 1992.

17. A sexy song

Along with Love To Love you baby, the 2 sexiest songs ever. From the sexy vocals of Ms Summer. The production on this song is fantastic. It's a song that everyone's 'heard', but if you actually 'listen' to it, it's pretty special..

18. Life is a TV show, this is your theme song or Favourite TV theme

I thought about this for a while. I settled on Golden Years for no apparent reason..

19. Song from last album bought/downloaded

Strange pop from Pill Wonder.

20. Song from your first trade

Back in the day I traded a lot. I arranged a trade with Rob C and Jenergy on the same day. I think this arrived a day earlier though. The mix was 'Have You Ever Heard Your Mommy Scream' by Jenergy and this Benny Spellman track was on it..

21. Song under 1 minute

56 seconds.

22. Song from 1st or most recent artist you paid to see

First gig was Morrissey at Manchester Apollo in November 1992. This particular track wasn't around at the time but was one I fancied including..

23. Song that makes you cry

every single time..


RS MF


No comments: