Saturday 15 May 2010

How Can We Hang On To A Dream


  1. Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
  2. The Velvet Underground - Who Loves The Sun
  3. Badly Drawn Boy - Something To Talk About
  4. The Who - Baba O'Riley
  5. Teenage Fanclub - Your Love Is The Place Where I Come From
  6. Van Morrison - Bright Side Of The Road
  7. Mel Torme - Comin' Home Baby
  8. Bob Dylan - Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window
  9. Juliette Greco - Sous Le Ciel De Paris
  10. Badly Drawn Boy - Silent Sigh
  11. John Wesley Harding - I'm Wrong About Everything
  12. Beth Rowley - You Got Me Wrapped Around Your Little Finger
  13. Smog - Cold Blooded Old Times
  14. Tim Hardin - How Can We Hang On To A Dream
  15. Love - Always See Your Face
  16. Paul Westerberg - Born For Me
  17. The Pogues - Fiesta
  18. Rod Stewart - Mama You Been On My Mind
  19. Harry J Allstars - Liquidator
  20. The Velvelettes - Needle In A Haystack
  21. Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
  22. Sheila Nicholls - Fallen For You
Yesterday evening me and the missus settled down in front of the telly to watch 'An Education' the recent film starring the very beautiful Carey Mulligan. 2 Minutes into the film and already my mind had settled firmly on downloading the soundtrack to the film as soon as it had finished.

The song playing over the opening sequence was new to me. It was 'On The Rebound' by Floyd Cramer. And I loved it.

It occurred to me that I'd enjoyed the all soundtracks to all the films based on books or screenplays of Nick Hornby, High Fidelity, Fever Pitch and About A Boy. And I reckoned I could make a pretty great mix featuring the picks of each of the 4 soundtracks, with a couple of songs featured in his book '31 Songs' thrown in for good measure.

Here's the result. A mix so strong that it couldn't even find room for 'Dry The Rain' by The Beta Band, one of my all time favourite tracks. It has been used on a mix by myself before though, and at 6 minutes+ I would have had to lose 2 other tracks from the mix, which I just couldn't do.

Tracks 1, 7, 9, 12 & 21 taken from 'An Education' OST

Tracks 2, 11, 13, 15 & 22 taken from 'High Fidelity' OST

Tracks 3 & 10 taken from 'About A Boy' OST

Tracks 4, 6, 14, 17 & 19 taken from 'Fever Pitch' OST

Tracks 5, 8, 16, 18 & 20 taken from the book '31 Songs' by Nick Hornby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Links aren't entered ^^

sammyg123 said...

oops, knew I'd forgot something. They're up now >>