Thursday 1 April 2010

Windsurfing


  1. Handclaps and Harmonies - I Should Never
  2. Atlas Sound - My Halo
  3. Pearly Gatecrashers - Jim Morrison's Living Today
  4. Phoenix - On Fire
  5. Yoko Ono & Peaches - Kiss Kiss Kiss
  6. Asteroid #4 - It's All OK
  7. Pizzicato Five - Nata Di Marzo
  8. Rainbow Ffolly - Go Girl
  9. Idle Race - Lucky Man
  10. Love - Orange Skies
  11. Fabienne DelSol - Vilaines Filles Mauvais Garcons
  12. Orwell - Elémentaire
  13. Ooberman - Shorley Wall
  14. Lucky Soul - Add Your Light To Mine, Baby
  15. Skybox - Morning After Cuts
  16. Dogs Die In Hot Cars - Man Bites Man
  17. Archies - You Little Angel
  18. Young Rascals - Groovin'

Well, after nigh on 5 years of posting my mixes on various sites on the internet, I feel it’s time to call it a day. Yes, this will be the final mix I submit on-line.

Thanks for all the great feedback I’ve had over the years, happy I made so many friends. I’ll miss you all, but it’s time to spend more time on my first love. Windsurfing.

RS MF

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now that you're single, you'll have much more time to devote to your first love ;) Will check this mix out in the morning, but I like what I already know -Ooberman, Idle Race, Love, Lucky Soul (who apparently have a new CD coming out, though panned by NME). So sad that it will be your final on-line mix. I'm cryin' bitter tears! --Ion

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just discovered the cryptic message! Lovely mix -- no foolin! Any band called Handclaps and Harmonies has to be good, and fortunately they live up to their name. Want to hear more H&H. Seeing the PGers on your mixes with some frequency. I'm a fan of these Aussies too! That tasty Phoenix song was new to me -- have I been livin' under a rock? Great banjo/guitar/harmonica on the Asteroid #4. I was expecting techno with a name like that (though it did remind me a bit of the Go-Teams' softer moments). Nice R-I-L run of late 60s acts, especially Rainbow Ffolly. Ffabulous. Fabienne DelSol always makes me happy, and that's one of my top five Orwell songs. Due for a new record, wouldn't ya think? Catchy songs from Skybox and DDIHC, and that poppy Archies song was new to me. And you ended with a classic from the Young Rascals, though you must have considered Yeasayer or Yo La Tengo. Gotta run -- surf's up! Ion

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the good work

RL

sammyg123 said...

You're welcome, RL -- but it WAS an April Fools joke. I'll be posting mixes for as long as blood runs through my veins ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so gullible - Long may you run!

RL