Saturday 19 December 2009

That'll Be Christmas


Side One
  1. Julian Casablancas - I Wish It Was Christmas Today
  2. Darlene Love - Marshmallow World
  3. Sufjan Stevens - Get Behind Me, Santa!
  4. The Joseph And Mary Chain - The Twelve Days Of Christmas
  5. Thea Gilmore - That'll Be Christmas
  6. Joy Zipper - Christmas Song
  7. The Kinks - Father Christmas
  8. Mew - She Came Home For Christmas
  9. The Decemberists - Please Daddy, Don't Get Drunk This Christmas
  10. Low - Just Like Christmas
  11. Of Montreal - My Favorite Christmas (in a Hundred Words or Less)
  12. The Black Arts - Christmas Number One
  13. Denim - I Will Cry At Christmas
  14. The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping
  15. The Aislers Set - Christmas Song
  16. Big Star - Jesus Christ
  17. Bright Eyes - White Christmas
  18. They Came From The Stars I Saw Them - The Lovesick Snowman

Side Two

  1. Fucked Up - Do They Know It's Christmas
  2. Animal Collective - Winter Wonder Land
  3. Clinic - Christmas
  4. The Bird and the Bee - Carol of the Bells
  5. The Free Design - Close Your Mouth (It's Christmas)
  6. Margo Guryan - I Don't Intend To Spend Christmas Without You
  7. Half Man Half Biscuit - All I Want For Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit
  8. Remington Super 60 - Chistmas Song For Melanie
  9. St. Etienne - I Was Born On Christmas Day
  10. Hello Saferide - I-Pod X-Mas
  11. Yo La Tengo - It's Christmas Time
  12. The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride
  13. Summer Hymns - Santa Couldn't Fit You Under My Christmas Tree
  14. Would-Be-Goods - Christmas In Tahiti
  15. Suzannah - Mom & Daddy, Please Don't Steal For Me This Xmas
  16. Martin Newell - Christmas in Suburbia
  17. Joni Mitchell - River
  18. Tom Waits - Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis

I love Christmas songs. I love 'Last Christmas' by Wham, Stop the Cavalry, In Dulce Jubilo. I love The Pogues and Kirsty Maccoll. Heck, I even quite like Mariah Carey's festive offering (the only Mariah song I do like, you understand?)

But most of all I love Phil Spector's 'A Christmas Gift For You', not just my favourite Christmas album, but one of my favourite albums of all time. 2 songs from that album make it onto this, my first ever Xmas mix. Yes, after 5 years of posting (some 250) mixes on the 'net, I've finally been bothered to make one. And of course I've left all the aforementioned songs off it. Well, you can buy compilations with these tracks on in Asda for a fiver can't you.

You can't buy this though. It's free! Ho ho ho..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks and Merry X-Mas!

buglady said...

Nice one Sammy! Hope you have a great Christmas. =)

Anonymous said...

yayyy, another fun compilation!
thank you Sammy, your blog is a jewel!