Tuesday 24 November 2009

Synth Britannia


  1. OMD - Electricity
  2. Spandau Ballet - To Cut a Long Story Short
  3. Soft Cell - Bedsitter
  4. The Buggles - Clean, Clean
  5. Yazoo - Goodbye Seventies
  6. The Human League - Only After Dark
  7. Tears For Fears - Mad World
  8. The Art Of Noise - Close (To The Edit)
  9. Pet Shop Boys - In the Night
  10. Depeche Mode - New Life
  11. A Flock Of Seagulls - Telecommunication
  12. ABC - Show Me
  13. Ultravox - Quiet Men
  14. Gary Numan - Music For Chameleons
  15. Visage - Fade To Grey
  16. Japan - Visions Of China
  17. Genesis - Abacab
  18. Magazine - A Song From Under The Floorboards
  19. Joy Division - Decades
A mix inspired by the TV programme aired by the BBC last month. A great show that got me feeling nostalgic for the early 80s when I first started listening to music. The first completed mix, though looked a little bit too much like a compilation you could easily buy in the supermarket. Too many hits ( Vienna, Love Action, Cars etc ) . I knew I had to do some re-jigging, and this is the final outcome, one of my favourite mixes I've posted this year. Hope somebody else agrees!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heya Sammy,

just wanted to thank you for this amazing blog. you've introduced me to a lot of artists (just thinking about your music archive is enough to make me dizzy!) and I really enjoy your compilations.

sammyg123 said...

Many thanks for your kind comments. Enjoy!