Thursday 1 January 2009

My Top 50 Tracks Of 2008


  1. Sebastien Tellier - Divine
  2. The Explorers Club - Forever
  3. Benji Hughes - Baby, It's Your Life
  4. MGMT - Time to Pretend
  5. Vampire Weekend - Boston
  6. Santogold - L.E.S. Artistes
  7. The Little Ones - Morning Tide
  8. Kelly Rowland - Work (Freemasons Radio Edit)
  9. Jim Noir - Don't You Worry
  10. Adem - Loro
  11. Sigur Rós - Gobbledigook
  12. M.I.A. - Paper Planes
  13. Mystery Jets - Two Doors Down
  14. The Black Hollies - Whispers Beneath The Willows
  15. The Junipers - Gordie Can't Swim
  16. The Pillbugs - Get Away For The Summer
  17. Girls Aloud - The Promise
  18. The Dreadful Yawns - Queen and the Jokester
  19. Cathy Davey - Reuben
  20. Ladyhawke - From Dusk Till Dawn 
  21. Alphabeat - Fascination
  22. Detektivbyrån - Generation Celebration
  23. Born Ruffians - I Need A Life
  24. Pop Levi - Never Never Love
  25. Hello Saferide - I Was Definitely Made For These Times
  26. Chairlift - Bruises
  27. The Pillbugs - Do You Really Want To Go To The Center Of The Sun?
  28. Telepathic Butterflies - Facing ID
  29. Silvery - Horrors
  30. The Simple Carnival - You Jump First
  31. Bipolaroid - Day In the Life of a Raincloud
  32. Benji Hughes - Ladies On Parade
  33. Findlay Brown - Losing The Will To Survive (Beyond The Wizard Sleeve Reanimation)
  34. The Quarter After - Sanctuary
  35. Kelley Stoltz - The Rabbit Hugged The Hound
  36. The Shortwave Set - Glitches 'n' Bugs
  37. Scott Matthew - Amputee
  38. Sin Fang Bous - The Jubilee Choruses
  39. The Aliens - Bobby's Song
  40. Kylie Minogue - Wow
  41. Hari and Aino - Gold (Or Something Just As Nice)
  42. Get Well Soon - If This Hat Is Missing I Have Gone Hunting
  43. Neon Neon - I Lust U
  44. Apollo Sunshine - Singing To The Earth (To Thank Her For You)
  45. Danny & The Champions of the World - The Ghosts and Me
  46. Welcome Wagon - Sold! To The Nice Rich Man
  47. Ben Kweller - Fight
  48. You, You're Awesome - You and Your Bad Self
  49. Cale Parks - A Long Time In The Air
  50. Tilly & The Wall - Beat Control
Download all 50 tracks here

6 comments:

emeryg said...

Great collection of tunes there Sam. I find it so hard to pick a group and say yeah this is it or these are the ones. I usually end up making a bunch of mixes at the end of the year using songs I like from the year. I could use all of these songs or at least the 80% or so that I know and I'll have to check out the rest.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! It's your pal Ion (a.k.a anonymous). Great list you got here. Heck, I'm even familiar with a few of 'em, like the amazing tunes from Explorers Club, Sigur Ros, Jim Noir, Hello Saferide, Little Ones, VW, Junipers, our buddy Jeff Boller's Simple Carnival and the i-podular Chairlift. Of course that leaves plenty that I haven't heard, so I spent part of the day tracking down some of the songs/artists I didn't know, and now I have some new favourites: Welcome Wagon, Quarter After, Detektivbyrån, Benji Hughes, Sin Fang Bous and my new favourite band, the Dreadful Yawns. Anyway, there's a few I couldn't find: Cathy Ruben (though I like her song Moving), Silvery and You, You're Awesome, so maybe you could help rectify that situation. And yes, you're awesome ;)

Anonymous said...

D'oh! I see that Silvery track is on your Breakfast mix. Great song!

Unknown said...

There's little that's anonymous about Ion...he's a funny guy.

Anonymous said...

It's your anonymous pal again. I sent you an e-mail reviewing your top 25 today. Let me know if you didn't get it!

Lennart said...

Hiya, Sam! Just stumbled across your blog. Adding it to my list. Will be listening to these 50 soon. Thanks. -Lenny/Mfooz