Monday 22 September 2008

The Correct Use Of Pot Pourri


A Mix submitted for a contest on the website  Mixtape Collective

It'll probably finish in last place, but hey ho, life goes on...
  1. Big Star - Thirteen [Favorite song with a number in the title]
    Lyrically perfect. So good it just about avoids inclusion on tk 11
  2. Jeff Beck feat Rod Stewart - I've Been Drinking [A good drinking song]
    Good Times..
  3. The Kinks - Wonderboy [If you could wear a song as an outfit]
    See also Dandy, Dedicated Follower Of Fashion... 
  4. Goldie Hawn - Pasadena [Favorite song sung by celebrity]
    I love Goldie Hawn. I genuinely think at the tail end of the 60s she was the most beautiful woman in the world. This was recorded in 1972.
  5. My Bloody Valentine - Blown A Wish [The creepiest song in the world]
    For personal reasons this song will haunt me forever..
  6. Roxy Music - Do The Strand [If a song came on a jukebox during a bar brawl, it should be]
    An odd choice? Try it. It'll make perfect sense..
  7. Chicago - If You Leave Me Now [Sappiest or cheesiest love song]
    I love it. You love it. Admit it..
  8. Lil' Louis - French Kiss [Most Obscene Song]
    Most Obscene Song ever!
  9. Love - A House Is Not A Motel 
    [Song between 3:30 and 3:35]
    One of my all time top ten albums..
  10. Depeche Mode - Everything Counts [Attack of the Synth]
    Nobody does it better..
  11. The Stone Roses - This Is The One [A song that’s been ruined by oversaturation]
    But I still remember the first time I heard it. Wow..
  12. Jenny Lewis - You Are What You Love [A song that makes you feel pretty]
    Oh so pretty..
  13. R.E.M - Radio Free Europe [Song for Bono]
    A track from the Biggest Band In The World :)
  14. Krafwerk - Autobahn [A song your Grandkids should know about]
    While they’re listening to their plinky plonk music, they should be aware of the act that almost single-handedly invented the genre.
  15. Stevie Wonder - Superstition [A song you should have listened to growing up, but didn’t]
    I Just Called To Say I Love You was a big hit when I was growing up, and I had no time for him. How wrong I was..

3 comments:

sammyg123 said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/147580441/Pot_Pourri.zip

sport9000 said...

I love this mix.

Jittery White Guy said...

Some fun stuff. I've generally avoided these types of Mad Libs-type mix contests, as more often than not they result in an amusing list of songs more than a mix I'd really want to listen to, but I think I'd listen to this one.