- Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Slight Return) [November 27 1942 - September 18 1970]
- The Doors - Alabama Song [singer Jim Morrison December 8 1943 - July 3 1971]
- The Rolling Stones - We Love You [guitarist Brian Jones February 28 1942 - July 3 1969]
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee [January 19 1943 - October 4 1970]
- Nirvana - About A Girl [singer Kurt Cobain February 20 1967 - April 5 1994]
- Hole - Violet [bassist Kristen Pfaff May 26 1967 - June 16 1994]
- Manic Street Preachers - La Tristessa Durera (Scream To A Sigh) [guitarist Richard James Edwards December 1967 - presumed deceased c. February 1 1995]
- Echo & The Bunnymen - Bring On The Dancing Horses [drummer Pete de Freitas August 2 1961 - June 14 1989]
- Badfinger - Come And Get It [guitarist Peter Ham April 27 1947 - April 25 1975]
- Chris Bell - I Am The Cosmos [January 12 1951 - December 27 1978]
- Minutemen - Anxious Mo-Fo [singer D. Boon April 1 1958 - December 22 1985]
- The Stooges - 1970 [bassist Dave Alexander June 3 1947 - February 10 1975]
- The Grateful Dead - Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion) [keyboardist Ron 'Pigpen' McKernan September 8 1945 - March 8 1973]
- Canned Heat - Goin' Up The Country [singer Alan 'Blind Owl' Wilson July 4 1943 - September 3 1970]
- Spanky & Our Gang - Lazy Day [guitarist Malcolm Hale May 17 1941 - October 30 1968]
- Dyke & The Blazers - Funky Broadway, Part 1 [singer Arlester 'Dyke' Christian June 13 1943 - March 13 1971]
- Linda Jones - You Hit Me Like TNT [December 14 1944 - March 14 1972]
- Bloodstone - Natural High [singer Roger Durham February 14 1946 - July 27 1943]
- The Drifters - Up On The Roof [singer Rudy Lewis August 23 1936 - May 20 1964]
- Jesse Belvin - Goodnight My Love [December 15 1932 - February 6 1960]
- Robert Johnson - I'm A Steady Rollin' Man [May 8 1911 - August 16 1938]
The 27 Club is a name for a group of influential rock and blues musicians who all died at the age of 27.
The impetus for the club's creation were the deaths of a seemingly unusual number of prominent 27-year-old musicians within a two-year period of time, exactly: Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison. Morrison and Jones died on the same date two years apart.
Kurt Cobain, who died in 1994, was later included by some, probably due to his popularity and his death occurring at the pinnacle of his career. Shortly before his death, he was heard to have quoted Neil Young, stating that ‘it’s better to burn out than to fade away’.
This mix features tracks from the 5 aforementioned musicians, along with choices from various other musicians who are members of this elusive club. Such as Robert Johnson, who was the first to pass away of all the artists on this mix, back in 1938. Chris Bell from Big Star, who died in a Car Crash just after Christmas, 1978.
D. Boon of the Minutemen who Lying down in the back of a van when it veered off road, he was ejected from the vehicle and broke his neck. And many others who died in such varied ways as being shot (Arlester Christian), suicide (Pete Ham), Diabetes (Linda Jones) and Carbon Monoxide poisoning (Malcolm Hale).