Sunday 14 October 2018

Is This What You Call Falling In Love?

  1. Bobby Parker - Watch Your Step
  2. Dana Gillespie - You Just Gotta Know My Mind
  3. Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians - Balloon Man
  4. Sir Douglas Quintet - She's About A Mover
  5. Ian Dury & The Blockheads - This Is What We Find
  6. Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
  7. Mick Harvey - Ford Mustang
  8. Beach Boys - You Need A Mess Of Help To Stand Alone
  9. Orange Juice - I Can't Help Myself
  10. Beryl Marsden - When The Lovelight Starts Shinin' Thru His Eyes
  11. Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass - Spanish Flea
  12. Aberfeldy - Love Is An Arrow
  13. Spring - Chuck It Up
  14. Harry Nilsson - Pretty Soon There'll Be Nothing Left For Everybody
  15. Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - Just Dropped In
  16. Jim Noir - I Me You I'm Your
  17. High Llamas - Up In The Hills
  18. Tindersticks - Nectar
  19. Shivaree - I Close My Eyes
  20. R.E.M - Laughing
  21. Evie Sands - Any Way That You Want Me
  22. Harvey's Rabbit - Is This What You Call Change
  23. Lick The Tins - Can't Help Falling In Love
  24. Tom Waits - Burma Shave
  25. The Beatles - For No One

Firstly, don't read too much into the title of this mix. It's working title was "Tom Waits For No One" but I changed that at the last minute feeling it was a bit naff. I chose to splice the titles of tracks 22 & 23 instead. There are quite a few love songs on here, though and the mix as a whole is quite upbeat (again). I will try my hand at a solemn mix one day, but the likes of Barry & Curtis do it so much better than I possibly could. So there we are then, another 'POP' mix!

No comments: